Comment on page
Official MetaSoccer Whitepaper (v.1.1). Some changes can be applied during development. Last update: Aug 2022
MetaSoccer is an entire soccer universe developed on the blockchain. This is the starting point of a new paradigm in the sports ecosystem, decentralized and of which you can actively participate in multiple ways. This universe is a combination of 3 multibillion dollar markets with global impact: video games, soccer and sports betting, all merged by blockchain and NFT technologies, another multibillion dollar market that just started to take off.
MetaSoccer is also part of a new generation of video games in which the user can earn cryptocurrency for their contributions to the ecosystem. These games are known as "Play to Earn" and have recently been popularized by the success of Axie Infinity.
As a user of the MetaSoccer universe, you can earn cryptocurrency in the following ways:
- Winning matches (simulated according to statistics) against other users in career mode, or against AI in friendly mode.
- Finishing the season in the top positions of the league or cup in career mode
- Selling players who have been discovered by your sports scouts
- Borrowing players to other teams for a limited period of time
- Charging commissions on the sale of future players
- Selling sports scouts who have been mentored by members of your team
- Getting sponsorship contracts as your team gains popularity
- Renting your stadium to other teams
- Selling tickets to fans attending the stadium
The MetaSoccer universe is designed with the community at its core:
- 1.The MetaSoccer team will be responsible for developing and distributing the initial assets, but once published, the community will generate new assets which users will use to participate in the ecosystem.
- 2.The MetaSoccer team will also be responsible for developing the functionalities that enable the universe to perform well and entertain users. All assets in the universe are NFTs, allowing other developers to use these assets to create new gaming experiences or develop tools that help managers better manage their teams.
Although the project has been conceived with an initial roadmap that will be developed over the next 14 months, the full scope of the project will take several years of development. To make the community at the center of this new soccer universe, we have created the $MSU token, with which holders will be able to participate in key votes for the future of MetaSoccer.